Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Common Core. All Those in Favor....

The debate continues, but where there is money involved not much can be done by those of us who do not have it.

However, the fallout is being felt across America and parents are opting to home school their children. If my daughters were of school age, I'd be on the band wagon. As a teacher, I can inform parents as best I can but of course, there is the fear of retaliation.

In NYC, homeschooling is not a viable option. Most parents work and do not have the luxury to home school. Except some Networks in Manhattan, most parents cannot afford to have one parent stay at home to teach. Add to this the high number of single parents. Oh, and let's not forget, teenage mothers who are still themselves in school.

I found the following article informative:
Common Core Fallout: Homeschooling Rates Are Rising


No comments:

Post a Comment