Thursday, April 2, 2015

I Didn't Think It Could Be Possible

Who am I kidding: politicians with big backers get what they want. What I don't understand is, how can something that I have been working for the past 27 years of my life, something I have gone to school for and are considered "Highly qualified" doing can just be taken from me.

I worked hard to be tenured in NYC and now that I'm about to retire, Cuomo says I can lose it in the blink of an eye. Those of you following my blog know that I don't have a sympathetic administrator. In fact, I'm sure the only thing she is upset about is losing a great portion of her say when it comes to observing her teachers.

But that aside, two ineffective ratings and they can move to fire you! Where do these people live? Do they not understand that the problem is systemic? 

And, this is not about firing teachers who are not good for education. This is about firing teachers who cost too much.  

My school is brimming with Teach for America and Fellows, all of which are under 25, inexperienced, come from the Midwest, and cost half as much as I do. They are sheep and have no clue. The principal loves them and constantly sings their praises. She has gone as far as to send experienced teachers to get tips from them. I am living a farce.


Here are two articles that are a must read.

Budget Proposals

Here Come the Independent Evaluators



No comments:

Post a Comment